The Scottish Government is committed to every home and business in Scotland being able to access superfast broadband.
The R100 Scottish Broadband Voucher Scheme (R100 SBVS) is a supplier-led approach to support delivering on this commitment. Working together, Digital Scotland and registered R100 SBVS suppliers stimulate demand, with suppliers requesting vouchers on behalf of their customers. Vouchers are a one-off contribution to the capital cost of installing a superfast capable connection, as group/community projects or for individual premises.
As the R100 SBVS is supplier led, residential households and SMEs who do not currently have access to broadband connection of at least 30 Mbps should visit the Digital Scotland Superfast Broadband website to check eligibility.
About the Scheme
The Scottish Government’s Reaching 100% (R100) commitment to providing superfast broadband access for every home and business in Scotland will be met through three strands of activity:
- R100 contracts;
- Supporting further commercial coverage; and
- The R100 Scottish Broadband Voucher Scheme.
The R100 Scottish Broadband Voucher Scheme has three elements:
- R100 SBVS Main Vouchers – A ‘one off’ voucher worth up to £5,000 to help deliver a permanent superfast broadband for both homes and businesses with no planned deployment of state or commercial superfast broadband.
- R100 SBVS Interim Vouchers - A ‘one off’ voucher worth up to £400 to deliver an interim superfast broadband for homes and businesses with planned state-funded or commercial deployment after December 2021. With an additional £250 available for non-standard installations (for example challenging terrain, no line-of-sight, or remote islands).
- Scottish and UK Government Combined Vouchers - A ‘one off’ voucher worth up to £8,500 for premises with no planned deployment of state or commercial superfast broadband. For rural homes and businesses a £5,000 Scottish Government R100 SBVS main voucher can be combined with UK Government Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme funding. This can provide up to £6,500 for residential homes and £8,500 for businesses, for gigabit capable connectivity. For Scottish and UK Government Combined Vouchers, suppliers must be registered and approved to deliver connectivity under the UK Government’s Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme (GBVS). The GBVS Pre-Registered Package process must be used to access this funding: https://gigabitvoucher.culture.gov.uk/
For R100 SBVS Main and Interim Vouchers suppliers are invited to register for the Scottish Broadband Voucher Scheme.